Tuesday, November 26, 2013

That Brave Girl from Brave





From the different Disney princesses I've encountered, Merida from Brave became my instant favorite. 
What makes her stand out from the rest is that she was independent, carefree, strong and realistic princess/teenager. 

With her unruly hair and rebellious and adventurous take on life, I can honestly say that I can relate well with her character.

Why do I consider her brave?

She's brave enough to stand up for herself. She knows that her mother would be very bummed to know that her daughter is not willing to follow her footsteps. But Merida is brave enough to admit that she is not ready for it yet. She stands out from the crowd.

Most of us teenagers these days are afraid to stand up for what we believe in, most likely because we are afraid to be judged. Most endure peer pressure just to fit in to what society thinks is correct. To tell you honestly, it will be easier to stand out than to fit in these days. Be the strawberry ice-cream in the world full of vanilla. 

BONUS FEATURE: Watch me imitate Merida from Brave. 






1 comment:

  1. THIS IS SO CUTE!!!!! I'm just wondering, who takes your photos and videos?! And then you edit them yourself?

    Galing! I'm really ABSOLUTELY impressed with what you come up with each week! Great work once again, Alex! :)

    - Arriane
    http://wanderrgirl.com

    ReplyDelete