I had to take that shot around three times, and clean up after every attempt. It's been a year, and let's go ahead and start with the awards! Some of the items here weren't released during 2013, but then I got to read/watch during 2013, so it counts!
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
2013 was definitely a year of new music, for me. With the release of the new records of the different bands/artists I listen to (This Century, The Maine, Mayday Parade, All Time Low, Selena Gomez, etc.) and to a few artists I've known for a while now and decided to actually listen to them (Marina and the Diamonds, Lana Del Rey, Kings of Leon, etc.). Here are a few songs that I've listed as songs that made up my year. These songs may have some significance to me, or I really had a bad case of LSS with these songs. Enjoy!
Sunday, December 29, 2013
Give Me Love is a song written by Ed Sheeran, an English singer-songwriter, for his debut album + (plus).
First and foremost, I would love to express my love for this song. Everything about this song is perfect! The metaphors, lyrics, melody, instruments used, words and probably even the letters! (okay don't exaggerate Alex).
After listening to this song for around a hundred times this year, and I am not lying, you can go ahead and check my iTunes. I wanted to share my thoughts about this song, and how I interpreted the whole song. Before I start the 'dissection', this is all of course, opinionated.
Saturday, December 28, 2013
Rating: ☺☺☺☺☺ (5/5 smiley faces)
The start of my December was quite unfortunate if you ask me. I got the flu and was indisposed to go to school for the rest of the week (tuesday until friday). I spent my rest time watching E News (especially Fashion Police because Joan Rivers is hilarious) and reading I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella! (Had to place the 'I had the flu part' to explain why there is a tissue box)
The novel was light, heartwarming and fast paced! (A little too fast paced if you ask me). The book is about bride to be, Poppy Wyatt, losing her wedding ring, which was passes on to her generations after generations (yikes!). With the twist of fate, she meets Sam Roxton, a successful businessman, through the phone Poppy saw in the waste bin. (More info here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12033455-i-ve-got-your-number)
Few things I loved about this novel:
-Poppy Wyatt definitely made the book interesting! Her personality is something I could relate to. Independent and dependent at the same time, courageous, resourceful and a bit invasive. (Yes, I admit, I could be a little nosy from time to time)
-Footnotes at almost every page were what made the novel unique. What Poppy says at every footnotes were funny and relatable. They're more like snide remarks or side comments which again, I often do (in my mind, I rarely say it out loud).
-Sam Roxton. Enough said, you have to read the book to understand why.
-Their conversations via Text. Again you have to read the book to understand why, I don't want to be a spoiler
I found this book similar to This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. If you've read that book, you'd definitely love this one! (well perhaps)
Hope you guys get to read this, it really is a wonderful read!
Saturday, December 7, 2013
Finally, a blogpost about one of our school's highly anticipated event, Family Day! (Trust me, it's better late than never) Allow me to share how my day worked. (And if you're not interested in stories, you can just scroll down to see photos I took) (And if still not interested, you can go ahead and x this tab or window.)
At 6 am, I headed to school (okay I'm not sure if it was 6 am, but it was early!!). I was one of the first to arrive, thus, our classroom was still locked. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, the classroom was unlocked, and I started my business. By business, I mean, I started caking my classmates' faces with make up. It was pretty hectic with the amount of time we had (before the picture taking) and how many they were who needed to be decorated.
And if you're confused with what is happening, here's the story. Every year, the high school department of my school, holds a dance production.
Dance Production — It’s a dance competition for the whole year level, with a specific theme. For us freshmen, we had Philippine Ethnic Dances. For every class, you have a director, lead choreographer, music-in-charge, costume designer and props-in-charge. Thus, the dance production committee.
(and yes I did quote myself from here)
Fortunately, (I don't know if you should say fortunately, because we worked our butts off), we chimed in 1st Runner Up or Second Place!
Definitely necessary! Now if you follow my instagram, my feed is 80% ootd, so…
The day was eventful, but me and my friends spent most of it, lounging at our school's lawn. (Those three photos aren't even1% of the number of photos we took, not kidding)
At (almost) sunset, I spent the rest of my day with them! (1/2 of ILABMO)
We got to go on stage with Sandwich!!
That sums up my Family Day! How did you spend your family day, or maybe your school fair?
Friday, December 6, 2013
By The Way, While I Was M.I.A | November -- Instagram Diary
I have so much to throwback about, and an endless list to blog about. (Okay, the list is not that long) But here's November's instadiary!
1. We started our band practice right after semestral break. Yes I am in a band (believe it or not), our name's Sold Out, which leads me to number 2…
2. We celebrated our first anniversary together! It was pretty fun, we watched tons of movies, I ate chili and they slept over. I kind of finished the cake, the morning after.
3. My best friend, Alyssa, celebrated her birthday last November 7, and we celebrated it last November 16.
4. For TLE, we had to make our own strawberry jam (it was assigned to our group). I proudly designed our packaging, and made our commercial!
5. This was during our outbound, we were stuck in traffic and we had a stopover at Calamba, Laguna. We took that opportunity to take this photo.
6. Backseat Girls, most probably the last time I'd be seated with them at the backseat of the bus. (Weepfest).
Yes, there is another photo set. It's either a lot happened, or I post too much on instagram, and I think it's the latter.
1. 'Family Picture' with Mommy A and Tito L. Okay meet my class adviser and co-adviser. Awesome people!
2. Scheark/Schaerk attack!! (I feel so bad that until now I don't know how to spell my class' nickname)
3. The next day, we had our sportsfest. (Yes, right after our outbound) Gretchen Ho was our guest speak, me and my friend, Isabelle, were literally screaming when she mentioned Robi Domingo's name.
Fun fact: This happened earlier this year
(okay my twitter username back then was pretty embarrassing)
4. And that same day, my bandmate and one of my close friend, Ate Rica, celebrated her birthday!
5. Yes, and selfies were a must that night. I've met new friends too!
6. As our preparation for our Academic Festival, we had a photo tableau for Religion. And me and my friends had to take a photo with our very energetic Religion teacher.
Yeah, there's a third photo set. I really think I post a lot of photos on instagram. And these photos aren't even the half of what I posted for November.
1. Sunflower and cupcakes a day before my birthday! (That served as my birthday cake, because they forgot to buy me a birthday cake
not that I'm bitter about it but okay I really am okay I should stop)
2. The night before my birthday, my friends and I had a karaoke session! (a screamfest actually)
3. And for my birthday, we went to the mind museum, for Da Vinci's exhibit. It was the last day, and I was dying to see it!
That wraps up my November, it was pretty eventful and hectic! It also flashed by so fast!