Saturday, December 28, 2013

I've Got Your Number


Rating:  (5/5 smiley faces)

The start of my December was quite unfortunate if you ask me. I got the flu and was indisposed to go to school for the rest of the week (tuesday until friday). I spent my rest time watching E News (especially Fashion Police because Joan Rivers is hilarious) and reading I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella! (Had to place the 'I had the flu part' to explain why there is a tissue box)

The novel was light, heartwarming and fast paced! (A little too fast paced if you ask me). The book is about bride to be, Poppy Wyatt, losing her wedding ring, which was passes on to her generations after generations (yikes!). With the twist of fate, she meets Sam Roxton, a successful businessman, through the phone Poppy saw in the waste bin. (More info here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12033455-i-ve-got-your-number)

Few things I loved about this novel:

-Poppy Wyatt definitely made the book interesting! Her personality is something I could relate to. Independent and dependent at the same time, courageous, resourceful and a bit invasive. (Yes, I admit, I could be a little nosy from time to time)

-Footnotes at almost every page were what made the novel unique. What Poppy says at every footnotes were funny and relatable. They're more like snide remarks or side comments which again, I often do (in my mind, I rarely say it out loud). 

-Sam Roxton. Enough said, you have to read the book to understand why. 

-Their conversations via Text. Again you have to read the book to understand why, I don't want to be a spoiler

I found this book similar to This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith. If you've read that book, you'd definitely love this one! (well perhaps) 

Hope you guys get to read this, it really is a wonderful read!

No comments:

Post a Comment