Thursday, January 23, 2014

When You Think About It | Regrets


(author unknown, quote taken from this photo)

Earlier this morning, I was scrolling through Tumblr when I saw this quote. It struck me like Thor's hammer, and really made me think.

Have you ever stalked yourself on Facebook, and see your old profile pictures, statuses and comments, then say, 'what the hell was I thinking?'.

Regret is defined as disappointment over something that has happened or been done. More often than not, we regret about mistakes we've done in the past. When you think about it, the choices we made didn't seem wrong that time. Actually, it made perfect sense why it was the right choice.

To answer the question 'Why regret on something you once wanted?' is difficult. Then again, I strongly believe that we grow as a person. What was once the best thing for you may  be the worst thing for you now. 

I believe the note here is that, we must learn to appreciate the past as much as the future. For the reason that our past is very much a part of your life as your future.

(And if there are any grammatical errors, please do inform me ;) ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment