Friday, August 29, 2014

5 Things That Stresses Me Out While On An Airplane.


After finishing the movies I wanted to watch and finishing two episodes of The Vampire Diaries, I contemplated on what happens similarly in all my plane rides. From thousands of feet off the ground, here's a list of things that stresses me out while on board. 

1. Being Extra Clumsy. 
I am naturally clumsy. Things always fall from my desk, I trip a lot, I've broken a few vases in my life, I drop a lot of things, you get the picture. But somehow, when on an airplane, my clumsiness is heightened. Maybe there's a scientific explanation why that I have yet to research on. Being clumsy on board is very difficult because everyone's so silent. And when I drop something, it makes the loudest noise ever (I feel like th object that dropped was mocking me). I hate the public embarassment of having to look for it all over my seat and pick it up just to drop another item when I got it. 



2. Flushing The Toilet In An Airplane
Everytime I'm about to flush the toilet, I make sure I've washed my hands and done everything I needed to do in the comfort room. My hands extend from the flush to the handle of the bathroom door. Everything happens in a synchronized motion. When I press flush, I run (okay maybe not run, with the limited space I have) out of the bathroom. Airplane flushes have always scared me! I feel like the flush is going to take me too!


3. Placing Your Carry-On in the Overhead Compartment 
Fortunately, I've been blessed with the height that is ideal for the overhead compartment. Unfortunately, I was not given the strength. I hate placing carry-ons in the overhead compartment. It takes me a while with no help which causes traffic for people who are going on board. When it really takes a while, the flight attendant or the person beside me helps me out, or my dad (my forever hero). 


4. Getting the Window Seat, but Having to go to the Restroom. 
The moment of victory and defeat. I mean this is fine, when you're seated next to your cousins or other relatives. But if you're seated next to a complete stranger, might as well switch for the aisle. When I really need to use the loo, it's either we're eating, so all the trays are down, or the people beside me are sleeping. I hate interrupting people, I feel like it spoils their mood. But when nature calls, nature calls. 


5. Waiting for the Flight Attendant. 
That moment that you're just looking at him or her, while he or she's attending to someone else. And you just wait for her. Mind you, I also become pretty awkward in an airplane. It's like my whole vocabulary and grammar is turned off! So when we talk, I stutter a lot, and it makes me feel and even look like an idiot. 

Anyways, I still love airplanes and their desserts. I'll talk to you guys soon! 

4 comments:

  1. I haven't been on a plane in ages but I can definitely relate to the flushing the toilet one. haha!

    Cathy // HELLO, CATHY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!! guess what!! I ended up on this page (weird how you travel around the internet): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet-related_injuries_and_deaths

      And guess what it say: "Another myth is the risk of being sucked into an aircraft lavatory as a result of vacuum pressure during a flight."

      Gross, I know but interesting to know that it's actually on a wiki page!! HAHAHAHA

      Delete
  2. I can totally relate... !! I'm prone of being extra clumsy on the airplane, and it's embarrassing since everyone can see you.
    Lovely blog!:)
    Followed
    June
    The Journeys' of my beating heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone should mind their own business HAHAHAHA, thank you!! :)

      Delete